Neti is effective at clearing the nasal sinuses during periods of congestion (ie: colds, seasonal allergies, and heavy smoke from wildfires). It is also a useful daily practice, particularly for those who experience seasonal allergies or those who regularly inhale particulate matter.
- 1.5 c. finely ground salt ie: Himalayan
- 3/4 c. baking soda ie: non-aluminum
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder organic
- Combine the ingredients well, making sure to work out any baking soda clumps and to thoroughly incorporate the turmeric powder.
- Make up this master formula and store it in a glass jar.
- To use in your neti pot, add 1/2 tsp. of this mixture to 1 c. warm water (in your neti pot). Rinse one side/nostril per the neti pot instructions. Add another 1/2 tsp. per 1 c. warm water to rinse the other side/nostril.