Mung Beans with Sweet Potatoes
This recipe is balancing to all three doshas but particularly to Vata dosha.
- dutch oven
- 1 c. mung beans soaked overnight
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 Tbsp. ghee
- 1 tsp. mustard seed
- 1 c. onion chopped
- 8 c. water
- Rinse the mung beans and discard the water. Set aside.
- Peel and dice the sweet potato. Set aside.
- Heat the oil and mustard seeds in a heavy bottom saucepan until mustard seeds pop.
- Add and sautée the onions until they are translucent.
- Add the mung beans and stir to coat. Beware of splattering oil if mung is too wet!
- Add the water and sweet potatoes. Simmer 20 minutes until the mung beans are soft and the sweet potato is cooked.