What to Do?
Basically, a Pandemic is a time of massively excessive Vata dosha. To deal with this situation, tend to Vata. Because Vata is so quick to FREAK the eff OUT, I’ll make it simple. Do these things. All of them. I know you won’t like doing them. Do them anyway. They will make things bearable. Trust me.
- Slow down. A lot. You aren’t getting anything done, anyway, so you may as well give it up.
- Stop thinking. This Pandemic is smarter than you; you can’t out-strategize it. Start going with the flow.
- Keep toasty warm. Bundle up so that your blood can continue to flow, transporting heat and Oxygen.
- Hydrate. Warm water with some grated ginger is a good idea. A nice chai is always good, too.
- Keep your immune system strong: eat onions, garlic, ginger, and turmeric at least once every day.
- Take your triphala. It has high vitamin C content. Oh yeah, and it helps you to keep pooping.
- Get out in the sun for some vitamin D3—or take a supplement.
- Get some sort of exercise every day. Pacing up and down your hallway does not count.
- Bathe. Epsom salts are a nice addition—and add in an abhyanga.
- Commune with nature: tend to your garden, walk in the woods, look at the sky, listen to the birds, watch the sunrise.
- Give your loved ones a heartfelt smoosh and a smooch—over Zoom, if that’s what you have access to.
- Eat warm, moist, nourishing meals, eating only (ok, mostly) when you are truly hungry.
- Know that this, too, shall pass.
- Schedule a consultation so that you can get some kick-ass personalized recommendations.
Is this information helpful to you? Please consider making a donation to help us bring you more useful content. Thank you!