This chutney is balancing to Vata and Kapha doshas. It is aggravating to Pitta dosha.
- 4 qt pot
- 5 c. water
- 200 grams tamarind
- 300 grams jaggery or raw sugar
- 2 tsp. roasted cumin seeds powdered
- 2 tsp. red chili powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- Combine the water and tamarind and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the jaggery/sugar, chili powder, cumin powder, salt, and garam masala. Mix well.
- Cook again on medium heat until the jaggery/sugar dissolves completely and the chutney gets semi thick (not too thick).
- Take out the pulp from the chutney and discard.
This chutney thickens more on cooling.