This recipe is balancing to all doshas.
- large cooking pot
- 1 c. mung dal or mung bean
- 1 c. basmati rice
- 3 c. water
- 1 handful raisins
- 1 Tbsp. fresh minced ginger
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. cinnamon powder
- ¼ tsp. cardamom powder
- ¼ tsp. clove powder
- 1 handful fresh berries
- ¼ c. milk cow's, nut, or seed
- chia seeds, flax seeds or hemp seeds optional
- Soak the raisins overnight in water in 3 cups water. Soak the dal and rice in water as well.
- In the morning, rinse the dal and rice and combine them with the raisins and water.
- In the morning, rinse the dal and rice and combine them with the raisins and water. Place into a cooking pot.
- Bring all to a boil, and add the fresh ginger.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until the dal and rice are cooked.
- Add all remaining ingredients and enjoy.