This recipe is reducing to Pitta and Kapha.
- 1 Tbsp. ghee or sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp. fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp. mustard seeds
- 1/2 c. onion chopped
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 3 c. fresh nettles chopped
- 6 c. water
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh peppermint or 1 tsp. dried
- 1 c. cream or nut milk if Kapha is high
- Bragg's Liquid Aminos or salt to taste
- Heat the ghee or sesame oil is a dutch oven.
- When it is quite warm, add the cumin, fennel, and mustard seeds. Allow them to cook until they are fragrant and just begin to pop.
- Add the onion and cook until translucent.
- Add the ginger and the garlic. Immediately add the water and nettles and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat, and add the cilantro, mint, and cream. Continue to cook for five minutes.
- Take off the heat and purée with an immersion blender.
- Add the Bragg's (or salt) to taste. Serve and enjoy!