This recipe is reducing to Pitta and Kapha.
- 1 Tbsp. ghee or sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp. fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp. mustard seeds
- 1/2 c. onion chopped
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 3 c. fresh nettles chopped
- 6 c. water
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh peppermint or 1 tsp. dried
- 1 c. cream or nut milk if Kapha is high
- Bragg's Liquid Aminos or salt to taste
Heat the ghee or sesame oil is a dutch oven.
When it is quite warm, add the cumin, fennel, and mustard seeds. Allow them to cook until they are fragrant and just begin to pop.
Add the onion and cook until translucent.
Add the ginger and the garlic. Immediately add the water and nettles and bring to a boil.
Lower the heat, and add the cilantro, mint, and cream. Continue to cook for five minutes.
Take off the heat and purée with an immersion blender.
Add the Bragg's (or salt) to taste. Serve and enjoy!