nice Pitta-reducing and flavor-enhancing condiment
- food processor
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- ¼ c. fresh lemon or lime juice
- ¼ c. water
- ¼ c. grated coconut
- 2 Tbsp. fresh ginger root chopped
- 1 medium apple peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- Add the cilantro, lemon or lime juice, and water to the bowl of a food processor. Process until the cilantro is chopped.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and process until you have a consistent paste.
- Use immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Note: for a silkier texture use only the leaves and tops of the cilantro (cut off and discard the stalks).