Beet & Carrot Casserole
This recipe is balancing to Vata and Kapha doshas.
- 4 pt. pot
- steamer basket
- frying pan
- 1 bunch beets greens removed
- 1 lb. carrots greens removed
- 2 bunches scallions chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4-6 Tbsp. ghee, olive oil, or sesame oil
- Braggs Liquid Aminos or soy sauce to taste
- grated cheese if desired
- Scrub the beets and carrots.
- Steam the beets whole. After fifteen minutes of steaming, add the carrots, and continue to steam for another 15–20 minutes until the root vegetables are tender but firm.
- Sauté the scallions and garlic in the oil until they are slightly soft.
- Once the beets and carrots have finished steaming, allow them to cool.
- Remove the beet skins. Grate the beets and carrots coarsely.
- Combine the beets and carrots with the sauteed scallions and garlic. Add the Braggs and black pepper.
- Transfer the mixture to a casserole and serve.
- If desired, grate cheese over the top of the casserole. Heat at 350° until the cheese is melted and golden.