This is a delicious, warming, and nourishing recipe that is perfect for the colder autumn and winter months. It uses always-handy root vegetables. This recipe is balancing to Vata and Kapha doshas.
- 1 bunch beets scrubbed
- 1 bunch carrots scrubbed
- 2 bunches scallions chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4-6 Tbsp. ghee or vegetable oil
- Bragg's Liquid Aminos, Tamari Sauce, or Soy Sauce to taste
- black pepper to taste
- goat or feta cheese if desired
- Scrub the beets and carrots.
- Steam the beets whole. After fifteen minutes of steaming, add the carrots, and continue to steam for another 15–20 minutes until the root vegetables are tender but firm.
- Separately saute the scallions and garlic in the oil until they are slightly soft.
- Once the beets and carrots have finished steaming, allow them to cool. Remove the beet skins. Grate the beets and carrots coarsely. Combine with the sauteed scallions and garlic. Add the Braggs and black pepper.
- Transfer the mixture to a casserole dish for serving.
- You may add feta or goat cheese to the casserole.