Almond Butter Snack
Whenever I am realize that I have become too dependent on chocolate (how is that possible?), I make up a batch of this yummy deliciousness. It feels healthier. This is reducing to Vata and Pitta—and very aggravating to Kapha.
- baking sheet or pan
- 4 qt pot
- 1 jar your favorite jut or seed butter
- 1 jar brown rice syrup
- ½ c. dried raisins or craisins or other dried fruit
- ⅓ c. chopped nuts of your choice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract optional
- Empty the jar of nut or seed butter and the jar of brown rice syrup into the pot.
- Warm on a low heat until the mixture is simmering. Continue to cook the mixture on a low heat, stirring continuously to keep it from burning for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and pour in your remaining ingredients. Stir to incorporate them.
- Pour the mixture onto a baking sheet that has walls (ie: a jelly roll pan works well) or into a baking pan and allow to cool.
- You can eat this immediately or keep it in the refrigerator or freezer.
You can also add shredded coconut or goji berries. This recipe is very adaptable. I also add ground cinnamon, ground turmeric, ground nutmeg. I suppose you could add a teensy tinsy bit of salt…