- Are you looking for a personal practice but think you can’t meditate?
- Do you want to improve the quality and/or strength of your voice?
- Do you enjoy singing and want to add to your repertoire?
We can find a transformative mantra just for you.
Mantra—Chanting—Singing—working intentionally with the voice—is a powerful ally when used as part of a daily practice or routine. There are many different chants that can be called on, depending on what effect you want to achieve.
- Some chants are heating; others are cooling.
- Some chants are calming and soothing; others are energizing.
- Chants can balance specific doshas.
- Chants can calm an over-active mind.
- Chants can harmonize the two hemispheres of the brain.
- Chants can engage the parasympathetic nervous system to lower your heart rate and respiratory rate.
Mantra is used extensively in Vedic traditions as a way to invoke the divine. Pujas (ritualized ceremonies) make use of chanting to connect with, honor, and invoke the aid of specific deities. Kirtan concerts engage large groups with the call-and-response form of chanting. And you can chant in the privacy of your home as a form of self-practice to transform yourself.
Katrina Svoboda Johnson
Here is an excellent article that explains an aspect of why chanting Sanskrit mantras is so powerful (recirculating prana back into the body rather than using it up).
This article demonstrates how chanting Sanskrit mantras enliven the chakras, thereby bringing healing and transformation.
What our clients have to say…
Great experience. Katrina gave me exactly what I asked for ~ in the form that works for me. I’m very appreciative. Thanks so much!
I can’t believe how much I have changed over the course of this year because of Ayurveda (she says as she sips her lime rose water). I am so much closer to my true self, and rarely lose my shit anymore. Excellent perks!