- storage jar
- 4 oz fenugreek seeds
- 4 oz fennel seeds
- 2 oz comfrey root optional
- 2 oz marshmallow root optional
- 2 oz licorice root optional
- 2 oz flax, chia, or hemp seeds optional
- 1 oz lavender flowers optional
- 1 oz rose petals optional
- 1 oz cinnamon chips optional
- 1 oz peppermint herb optional
- 4 c water boiled
- Decide which herbs you want to use. You can make a very simple recipe (fennel & fenugreek seeds only), or you can make a more complicated recipe (fennel, fenugreek + rose, peppermint, and licorice).
- Combine the herbs well and store in a glass mason jar.
- To brew up Rasa Tea, boil the water.
- Turn off the heat and remove the pot from the burner.
- Add 1⁄4 cup of your herb mixture to the pot. Cover and allow to steep for 30 minutes.
- Strain off and discard the herbs.
- Drink your tea throughout the day.
What is Rasa Tea? The tissue, rasa, relates to the watery tissues of the body: mucous, saliva, lymph, plasma, cerebro-spinal fluid, etc. Our bodies are comprised of 70% water. The ingredients in Rasa Tea are demulcents, so drinking this beverage promotes the watery tissues of the body. You can modify this recipe; it’s very adaptable.