Actions: Glycyrrhiza glabra is a heavy and moistening herb, used in many formulas due to its excellent synergizing effects. Licorice creates a harmony between the herbs, causing them to work at their highest potential with paired with licorice. It also tends to mask or blend the flavors of herbs, usually leaving a sweet taste in the end.
- Rejuvenating tonic
- Adrenal modulating
- Mild laxative
Indications: Coughs, sore throat, lung cleanse, respiratory infections (add ginger) lungs. Throat and stomach irritation, allergies, weakened states, menopause
- Not for use in cases of high blood pressure, heart failure, kidney or liver damage
- Avoid during pregnancy
- Interacts with many drugs: ACE-inhibitors, hormonal birth control, diuretics, etc.
Toxicity: hypertension, vertigo, headache
Preparations and Doses:
- *Only use for up to 6 weeks before taking a break
- Powdered Herb: 200-500 mg
- Tea: 1 oz/ 1 qt of water; drink throughout the day